1101 Gorman St
Raleigh, NC 27606
View on Google Maps
The McKimmon Center is named in honor of Dr. Jane S. McKimmon (1867-1957), in recognition of her outstanding contribution to Continuing Education. After Dr. McKimmon retired in 1946, club members carried on her dream for a Continuing Education facility. In 1966, close to 40,000 members of the Extension Homemaker Club presented $100,000 in “butter and egg money” to NC State University to initiate funding for the Jane S. McKimmon Extension Education Center.
Today, the Jane S. McKimmon Center is home to the McKimmon Center for Extension & Continuing Education, formerly known as the Division of Continuing Studies.