Do you have a passion for research and development? Have any interest in real estate or commercial/residential properties? Love economics?
Then this is the internship for you!
Our economic development interns assist the Live It Up! Hillsborough Street staff on business development and research projects designed to support the success of the businesses on Hillsborough Street. Including, but not limited to: market and development project research, services that help attract and retain businesses within the community, and area market and economic reporting. The work product is tangible. Meaningful projects will be produced that can be used to help build the intern’s portfolio.
- Track and catalog area economic indicators and demographic information
- Collect and aggregate information from stakeholders about area assets
- Work with property owners and brokers to keep our development project information accurate and up-to-date
- Maintain our property and business database
- Communications and engagement with the business community
- Work to retain and improve existing businesses
- Assist in packaging data and information into comprehensive reports that can be used as marketing tools for the area
We are seeking interns who are: creative, hard working, strong communicators, proactive, detail oriented, flexible, passionate, able to meet deadlines and work as part of a team.
To apply, please send an email using subject headline "Economic Development Internship" expressing your interest with your resume and cover letter attached as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.