Do you love planning events? Dream of being an event planner one day?
Then this is the internship for you!
Our events interns assist the Live It Up! Hillsborough Street staff in all related aspects of events and tourism for the organization. This includes, but is not limited to special event operations, contacting vendors, notifying merchants, coordinating volunteers and marketing efforts.
Responsibilities may include:
- Help plan, build, promote and operate special events
- Logistics support for key events, including Movies in the Garden, Packapalooza, Red & White Week and Live & Local: Spring Fest
- Tourism and special event activities focused on economic development
- Research and develop marketing programs for the Street
- Research and build new event ideas
- Engage NC State students with Hillsborough Street
- Communications and engagement with the business community
We are seeking interns who are: creative, hard working, strong communicators, proactive, detail oriented, flexible, passionate, able to meet deadlines and work as part of a team.
To apply, please send an email using subject headline "Events/Tourism Internship" expressing your interest with your resume and cover letter attached as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.