Past Dates & Times
- Sunday, Sep 23, 2018
- Saturday, Sep 22, 2018
- Friday, Sep 21, 2018
- Thursday, Sep 20, 2018
- Wednesday, Sep 19, 2018
- Tuesday, Sep 18, 2018
- Monday, Sep 17, 2018
- Sunday, Sep 16, 2018
Alexander Family YMCA
1603 Hillsborough Street
Welcoming Week (September 14 - 23) celebrates the growing movement of communities that fully embrace new Americans and their contributions to the social fabric of our country. It's a chance for neighbors—both immigrants and U.S.-born residents—to get to know one another and celebrate what unites us as a community.
In the Alexander Family YMCA
We encourage our members to:
- Stop by the branch and pin your home on the world map in the lobby to encourage connections with others.
- Fill out "I'm a Welcomer" card to show why you're excited to celebrate Welcoming Week. The cards will be displayed on a wall in the lobby.
- Attend special events:
- Firebowl Ceremony, September 17 at 6 a.m. in Studio 1
- Drum Circle, September 17 at 7 p.m. near the craft shack area
- Latin Dance Night with Cheri & Tracie, September 20 at 8:30 p.m.
In the Community
The Alexander Y is taking the celebration into the community. Customized guest passes in different languages will be available at the Islamic Association of Raleigh, El Centro, a local food pantry and during the upcoming International and the Hispanic Festivals.
Y staff will offer group fitness classes at businesses and places of worship to invite everyone to come to the Y.